2008年1月5日

Shore Excursions During Carnival Cruise

Greetings from the Chengs to all old pals who are going on the Carnival cruise!

Richard (致聞) and Che-Kuang (哲光)asked me for info about any plan for our class-reunion group regarding the shore excursions.  Here's the scoop:

First of all, I'd like to remind you that our class reunion is scheduled for the time slot of 9:30a - 10:30a on Tuesday, 1/15/08. I have reserved the small party room for this event. As such, please don't plan any shore excursion that may have conflicts with our powwow.

Since we will probably share one or two assigned tables at our dinners, we'll have plenty of time to indulge in joyful reminiscence together. Although it's nice for us to plan to join the same shore excursion so that we'll have even more time together, please feel free to pick your favorite excursions as so many interesting excursions have been offered. As for me, whale watching is definitely the most exciting one.

But I run into problems in picking the right whale watching to join. In addition to the whale watching excursion at Catalina Island that is offered by Carnival Cruise Line at the cost of $67 each person, I learned that I could join another whale watching excursion at Ensenada offered by a private operator (Sergio's Sport Fishing) at the cost of $25 each person (last year's price).

The Catalina excursion is more exciting, because you'll be on a small raft (capacity: about 8 people) and can get really close to the whale (even touch the whale if you are lucky). Exciting, indeed! But it can be precarious, especially on a rough sea. And Jeannie (曾寧) has a very weak stomach. She certainly does not have the stomach for this rough-and-tumble ride. She already declined my invitation to take on this excursion. The Ensenada excursion is conducted on a 85-ft trawler (capacity: over 20 people). It will be safer, albeit a little bit more boring. So, this is my plan: I will make my decision on board. If the weather is co-operating, or the chances of spotting the whales are good (We may be lucky enough to see the whales on the deck of the cruise ship), I will take the plunge (My preferred departure time: 1:30p Tuesday 1/15/08. Duration: 2hrs.) Otherwise, I will take my chance with Sergio (Scheduled departure time: 11:00a,  Wednesday 1/16/08.  Duration: 4 hrs.)

As for Jeannie, a glass bottom boat ride or a semi-submersible tour at Catalina is far better than a raft ride on the Pacific Ocean. At Ensenada, she like to do both the whale watching and the blow hole tour, which are impossible to accomplish due to time constraint. As of now, she still cannot make up her mind and is debating herself. I don't want to venture a suggestion lest I get the blame for wrong recommendation later on.

I submit my "plan" (if you can call that a plan) for your reference and wish you great pleasure on whichever excursion you pick! See you all on board!

Greg (恆壽)
scl2008-01-22 16:43:50 回應

高興知悉你返回台北,歡樂二週遊,妙哉!jc
scl2008-01-22 16:41:55 回應

I'm now on the cruise Carnival Paradise.
Everything's excellence.
scl
scl2008-01-06 01:49:56 回應
 
我沒有內幕消息.  我們拭目以待吧.  但願武男兄是嘉年華的神秘嘉賓.  
 
謝謝您的知音樂園.  感謝你繼續提供雄中成大人的一些信息.  也佩服你是部落格年青一輩的族群.  RC
scl2008-01-06 01:48:42 回應

不知廖武男兄是否會是嘉年華的神秘嘉賓!?scl
scl2008-01-06 01:46:55 回應

Thanks Greg for sharing with us your shore excursions information.
 
My wife and I have signed up online for the Baja Bandidos Horseback Trial ($62/person, 1:30 to 4:30 pm on Wednesday).  Hope it'll be a nice day for the horseback riding.  Is anyone interested in joining us?
 
See you all in Los Angeles and have a pleasant and safe trip! 
Richard Chen

沒有留言:

張貼留言